Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on August 23rd 2018
GCSE success at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace
Staff and students at Harris Academy Crystal Palace are celebrating after receiving a strong set of results.
- 80% of students achieved at least five GCSEs including English and maths.
- Under the new system, passes are marked on a scale of Grade 9 (equivalent to an A**) to Grade 4 (equivalent to a C). 90% of students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in English and 84% did so in maths.
- The Ebacc remains strong and more than double last year’s national average at 45%.
- 35% of students were graded the top grades of 7 to 9.
Yet again students at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace have continued to reach the highest grades:
- 7% of English and 6% of maths grades were awarded the new ‘super’ Grade 9.
- Three students, Jacob Ashitey, Gihan Mallikaarachchige and Arbri Alia all achieved nine Grade 9s.
- Ten students achieved at least ten Grade 7s (equivalent to the old A grade) and above.
Katherine Cumberbatch, Principal at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace, said:
“I’d like to congratulate each of our Year 11 students on their excellent results. They have done extremely well, especially taking into account the new tougher exam standards.
“We are delighted to have three students with straight Grade 9s. This result is unusual under the new qualification system and the marks are a credit to the talent and effort of Jacob, Gihan and Arbri.
“Collectively, our results reflect not only the hard work of our students, but the support of their parents and our dedicated team of staff. I wish all our students the very best of luck in their next steps and I look forward to following their progress over the next two years as they complete their sixth form education”