Download our FREE smartphone app today!
The purpose of homework is to reinforce, develop and establish concepts and skills taught in lessons.
Key Stage 3 (Years 7 & 8)
- Approximately 8 pieces of homework will be set per week
- KS3 Subjects with 1-2 periods a week will set one homework fortnightly.
- KS3 Subjects with 3-4 periods a week will set one homework weekly
- KS3 Subjects with 5-6 periods a week will set 2 pieces of homework weekly
- The amount of time required for each homework will vary from 30 minutes to 60 minutes meaning KS3 students should spend between 4-5 hours per week on homework.
At Key Stage 4 (Years 9, 10 & 11)
- In Year 9 teachers of all subjects will set one homework per week.
- Year 9 students will have approximately 8 pieces of homework a week which should take 6-8 hours to complete
- In Year 10 and 11 subjects with 3 periods a week will set one homework weekly
- In Year 10 and 11 subjects with 5-6 periods a week will set two pieces of homework weekly
- Year 10 students will have approximately 11 pieces of homework a week which should take 8-10 hours to complete
- Year 11 should build up to 3 hours each evening towards the end of the GCSE courses.
At Key Stage 5 (Years 12 & 13)
- There should be approximately of 3 hours directed homework per subject per week.
- Individual private study is also heavily encouraged and it is recommended that students do at least four hours private study per subject each week
Show My Homework
Show My Homework is the online homework calendar and portal for students at the Academy. Students, teachers and parents/carers all have personal logins so no homework should ever be missed.
Log on at: https://showmyhomework.co.uk/