Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
The central aim of Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is to provide effective education and training for all of our students.
Through a well-structured and highly effective programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) we believe that all can achieve both in school and in adult life.
By working in partnership with external agencies, businesses and members of our community we will provide accurate and focussed careers information, advice and guidance tailored to the individual needs of our students, and thereby enable all of our students to make informed choices about their career pathways.
For more detailed information about our careers education programme, including opportunities available for students in all year groups, please refer to our careers education programme attached at the bottom of the page.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is proud to be recognised as a Quality in Careers Standard school, accredited through Investor in Careers, and we are committed to maintaining our accreditation. We were pleased to be reaccredited for the second time in January 2019, reaffirming the continued high quality Careers education, information, advice and guidance on offer at the Academy.
The HCACP careers entitlement
All students in years 7-13 are entitled to:
- Access to a planned careers programme relevant to their year group
- Access to a qualified, impartial and independent careers adviser for personalised guidance
- Access information about the world of work and labour market
- Access information and guidance about higher education, training and employment opportunities
- Develop personal and enterprise skills to improve their employability
- Find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme, which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- Hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events.
- Be informed about how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
- Access to a curriculum rich in information about careers and the world of work.
- Access a programme of CEIAG which challenges stereotypes and discrimination, and promotes equality and diversity in training and in the workplace.
For queries about careers education at HCACP, or provider access, please contact:
Jonathan Kwamegah - Careers Leader. Telephone: 020 8771 2261. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesley Tannock – Harris Federation Careers Lead. Email: Lesley.Tannock@Harrisfederation.org.uk
Melanie Jackson – Careers Officer. Email: Melanie.Jackson@Harrisfederation.org.uk
Our careers policy can be downloaded from our Teaching and Learning page.