Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Careers Advice & University
Given that one of the aims of the Sixth Form provision is to prepare our students for what follows after their secondary educational experience, careers advice and guidance are an integral part of our offer.
In order to prepare students for professional life and the world of work, students will have access a wide range of opportunities.
- Careers advice is high-quality, up-to-date and locally relevant. Subjects provide opportunities for good quality, meaningful encounters with the world of work.
- Students are provided with regular and meaningful links with higher education and professions.
- A complementary programme of masterclasses and lectures from the world of work and industry is delivered throughout the academic year.
- The enrichment programme and co-curricular opportunities offer breadth and depth and allow students to engage with experiences beyond their usual interests.
- Alongside the established careers programme, there are regular opportunities to meet the Federation Careers Advisor.
- Financial health and financial planning sessions are delivered in order to prepare students for independent living.
For current employment and careers opportunities look on the Harris Careers Education website.
Download the Unifrog presentation - Key Stage 5
Unifrog is a one-stop-shop where students can easily explore their interests, then find and successfully apply for their next step after school.
This Key Stage 5 presentation will help you understood how Unifrog can support your future decision-making and career options, explore some of the exciting features of the platform and create your very own personal Unifrog accounts.
Click HERE to download School's Out - What Now? - the HCACP guide to preparing for life after sixth form.
You'll find advice and guidance for you whether or not you applied to university, or are now looking for a job. Plus tips on wellbeing and how to fill your free time.
Want to go to university?
Find out more about the information and advice UCAS has to offer, using the UCAS tool below.
Applying to university
Click HERE for an introduction to UCAS and how to get the best out of the system.
Click HERE for a guide to writing personal statements.
Click HERE to download a UCAS presentation which takes you through the application process.
Click HERE for a Harris Federation guide to student finance.
The majority of our students decide to continue their educational journey at university. Every year several of our students attend some of the top universities in the country with many accepting offers at Russell Group universities as well as Oxford and Cambridge.
There is a comprehensive programme of UCAS support and guidance in order to help students with their applications and any subsequent interviews. Student UCAS applications at HCACP reflect informed and realistic aspirations and choices in order to optimise an individual’s chances of meeting the requirements of their course offers.
In order to ensure that a student is progressing towards the demands of the offer, regular course progress meetings and assessments mean that subject intervention and support are timely and targeted.
UCAS presentation for parents
We know parents often ask for information on the UCAS process. Click on the link to download a presentation developed by UCAS. It illustrates the benefits of higher education, outlines the application process, and advises parents on what they can do to support their child.