Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Palace Way - This Week's Chances and Choices
Updated: 25th November 2021
Your one-stop shop for some of the latest chances and choices for students.
Thursday 25th November - Year 8 Parents' Evening - will be held virtually
Friday 26th November - Harris Federation Spelling Bee competition
This week's assembly - Student Council on 'Raising and Giving'
The theme of this term's assemblies is 'community'. Next week: Safeguarding - Online Safety and the 4Cs.
Other events on this term
- Thursday 25th November - Year 8 Parents' evening
- 6th December: Key Stage 3 Assessment Week begins
PSHE Focus for Autumn 2 – Relationships & Health
- How to deal with breakdown in relationships (bereavement, separation and loss)
- What is consent and how do withdraw consent in friendships
- Difference between mental and physical health
- Importance of self-worth/confidence
- Recognising when others’ need help and how to support
- Importance of physical activity and diet for mental health
- Symbiotic relationship between physical and mental health
- Effect of puberty on relationships and mental health
- What is consent and dealing with pressure in friendships
- Characteristics of positive mental/emotional health
- Importance of resilience and how to manage disappointments
- Causes/triggers for unhealthy coping strategies: eating disorders
- Impact of sleep on mental and physical health
- Creating successful balance between work and life
- Managing breakdown in relationships (romantic, friendships and digital)
- What is consent and how is affected by coercion?
- Effect of social media on mental health
- Language and stigma – mental health and its misconceptions
- Causes and triggers – self harm, alcohol and drugs
- How does diet affect us and what influences food decisions?
- Taking responsibility for our own physical well-being
- What are contraceptives?
- Mental health and stress
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Effect of actions on ourselves and others
- Pre-empting/spotting warning signs for unhealthy strategies
- Why is it important to look after ourselves, where to get help?
- Assessing risks – cosmetic and aesthetic procedures
- What are contraceptives?
- Differentiating between helpful/unhelpful feedback
If you or anyone you know has a safeguarding concern, you can contact any of our safeguarding teachers or you can email the following address for support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your student council
Click HERE to see full details of your Student Council cabinet members, Head Girl and Boy, and Prefects.
Details of the key contacts for each faculty can be found on our Faculty and Year Leads page.
Raising and giving
The Academy believes in RAG, raising and giving to help our local, national and international communities. The four faculties each have a charity which they work to raise money for across the year. The term totals for amounts raised are shown below.
- Arts: £96.32
- Communications: £151.95
- Maths & Commerce: £146.44
- Science & PE: £146.88
Mindfulness and well-being