Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Geography Teaching for Non-Specialists
Cost £400 or £350 Earlybird offer if booked by 16 September 2019
This course will be led by Natasha Evans and a Geography Consultant who have successfully taught A’ Level Geography courses for the last 12 years.
The aim of this programme is to upskill non specialists teaching key stage three and four (KS3 and 4) and will include two full day sessions and four twilight sessions from November to March in order to avoid the busier exam months.
By the end of this programme teachers will be:
- Secure with key geographical concepts and knowledge
- Able to use an “Enquiry Approach” in their teaching and understand what it means to “Think Geographically”
- Plan KS3 and 4 lessons effectively using subject specific pedagogies
- Understand the nature of assessment in Geography at KS3 and 4
- Understand how maths is used in Geography
- An introduction to geographical fieldwork.
- Where to source high quality resources to support planning, including the role of subject associations
This course will start in the Autumn term:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 – 9am-5pm
Thu 12 Dec 2019 – Twilight
Mon 13 Jan 2020 – Twilight
Wed 5th Feb 2020 – Twilight
Wed 26 Feb 2020 – Twilight
Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 9am-5pm
To request to book the above course please email: HCACP@harristeachingschool.com