Adverse Childhood Experience Training
Cherished is an organisation which supports vulnerable girls across the East and West Midlands within schools, care homes and alternative provisions.
West Midlands Police approached the founder Hannah Simnett to write a training programme focusing on the impact of Adverse childhood experiences on children's health, brain and behavior.
The training has been very successful with over 2000 officers receiving the training and sharing its value. Hannah developed a programme to suit schools and community leaders so there was specific training for those in education and working with vulnerable children.
What is included in the training?
- What is trauma ?
- The ACE study
- The impact of Trauma on the body, brain and behaviour
- The neuroscience behind trauma
- Early Intervention
- Attachment and the traumatised adult and child
- Interventions for supporting those with ACES effectively within the classroom
- What children with trauma don't need !
- The 4's - Behaviour as connection
- Vicarious Trauma and self care for those professionals
- Supporting children with ACES
When: Tuesday 18th April 2017
Cost: £100 per delegate