Not In My Clasroom- Combatting Forced Marriage
School staff (both teaching and associate) are likely to be the only regular and independent interaction with the outside world that these children have, which is why they play such a pivotal role in intervening and combatting forced marriage.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Understand the complexities of forced marriage
- Identify the role of teachers in prevention and protection
- Understand the importance of the ‘One Chance Rule’
- Apply the ‘Record-Refer-React’ model to case studies
- Discuss how best to approach issues of forced marriage through pervasive PSHE
Places for are free for this session, which will run from 10am-12.30pm and resource packs will be provided. This training is suitable for all teaching and support staff, to register for a place please click here.
When: Monday 9th March 2017
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org