Behaviour for Learning
Good behaviour is essential to the effective operation of the Academy, without it, students are not able to make outstanding progress in their learning as teachers are unable to teach effectively. To ensure outstanding behaviour in the Academy there is a very clear, easily understood, highly effective behaviour system that is consistently and comprehensively applied by all staff.
This Policy provides all the procedures and policies at work in the Academy. Together they help establish the highly effective behaviour management system in place at the Academy that enables students to learn, achieve and develop, as teachers are allowed to teach. The key to effective behaviour in the Academy is the creation of a culture of high standards and expectations supported by very straightforward and effective systems that are implemented and supported by everyone.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace…
- Believes that good behaviour is based on respect for each other and for the Academy as a place of learning. We show this respect through politeness and courtesy.
- Considers that everybody should be co-operative, courteous and considerate; all must strive to maintain attitudes of mutual respect and tolerance - adults need to communicate standards and expectations positively and clearly.
- Believes that excellent learning can only take place in a controlled environment, normally in lessons that are calm and orderly, an atmosphere that allows teachers to get on with the business of teaching and students the business of learning.
- Asserts that no student has the right to disrupt the education of others.
- Recognises that adults need to communicate standards and expectations positively and clearly and that limits must be clearly defined and corrective actions must be appropriate, prompt and consistent.
- Maintains that the management of student behaviour is the responsibility of all members of the Academy community and that this management should be firm, fair, positive, assertive and whenever possible proactive rather than aggressive and reactive - appropriate conduct should be acknowledged and rewarded conspicuously.
- Involves students should be involved in the formation and implementation of policy.
- Values praise over reproach or sanction but acknowledge the need for the appropriate use of both.
Download the complete Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Behaviour Management Policy below.