Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Early Careers Framework
Trainees have experienced a challenging start to their teaching careers. From September 2021 all Early Careers Teachers will be entitled to a two year package of professional development and mentoring based on the Early Careers Framework.
This will develop the skills and confidence needed to give new teachers the best possible start to their careers.
Changes to statutory induction
The changes include:
- Extending induction to two years
- An entitlement for early career teachers to a two-year package of professional development based on the ECF, as well as support from a mentor
- Funding in the second year so schools can support Early Careers Teachers to spend time away from the classroom for extra professional development and mentoring.
New teachers will continue to be assessed against the Teachers’ Standards. There are different options for schools to deliver the Early Careers Framework and more details can be found HERE.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Teaching School Hub will be delivering the UCL Full Induction Programme across Croydon, Sutton and Epsom and Ewell. The Full Induction Programme includes:
- Fully funded, research led, professional learning for Early Careers Teachers and their Mentors
- The programme will be a combination of face to face and online learning delivered by professionals who understand the context of local schools
- Schools accessing our Full Induction Programme will be entitled to additional funding for mentor training (equivalent to 36 hours of backfill time over two years per mentor) in addition to the statutory funding for ECT and mentor off-timetable time and free training and support.
Appropriate Bodies will continue to ensure Early Career Teachers receive their statutory entitlements and will make the final decision as to whether that teacher has met the Teachers’ Standards. Harris City Academy Teaching School Hub is an Appropriate Body.
What to do next
If you are interested in our Full Induction Programme or Appropriate Body services you can register your interest HERE.
We are also running a series of webinars on the Early Careers Framework to provide more information and give you an opportunity to ask questions about the changes. Please register HERE for our webinars.