Download our FREE smartphone app today!
English KS3: Getting it Right
Date: Thursday 6 February 2020
Time: 10am – 4pm
This course will be led by Layla Cox who is an experienced Head of Key Stage Three (KS3) English and Lead Practitioner. It is suitable for teachers new to leading KS3 or looking to progress to this position in the near future.
This course will cover:
- Curriculum mapping, looking at continuation from Year 6, downwards mapping from Year 11, and implications of the new Ofsted framework
- Accessing Literature- exploring different approaches to teaching a broad range of texts, moving away from ‘mini GCSE’ teaching
- Independent learning and enquiry at KS3
- Creative approaches to writing fiction
- Monitoring pupil progress
To request to book the above course please email: HCACP@harristeachingschool.com