Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Teaching A’ Level Physics for the First Time
Date: Thursday 21 November 2019
Time: 10am – 4pm
If you are new to teaching A-level Physics then this course will give you teaching strategies that motivate learners and ensure successful outcomes, with an emphasis on the foundational topics taught in the first year of the A-level. It aims to build your confidence to teach difficult concepts in an accessible way and help you prepare students for the increased emphasis on mathematics and practical assessment. There will be ideas, tips and techniques to nurture students who struggle, while giving you fresh approaches that that will stretch the most able. We will look at ways of boosting exam performance, whichever specification you are following.
Benefits of attending:
- Receive key messages from the first two years of teaching the new specifications
- Developing mathematical skills in your students using approaches such as FRICCUS and dual coding
- Understand how to approach topics that learners find difficult, from particle physics to simple harmonic motion
- Consider strategies to boost performance in practical assessment, both in the lab and in written exams, with an emphasis on handling experimental uncertainties
- Increase your understanding of how to prepare students for the new style of examination papers
- Gain insights into developing independent learners
- Take advantage of the opportunities to network and share teaching approaches with colleagues in similar situations
To request to book the above course please email: HCACP@harristeachingschool.com