Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Fully funded Physics Training for Teachers
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Teaching School is pleased to confirm that we have secured Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) funding, to support teachers to enhance their Physics teaching and be equipped to meet the demands of teaching Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four Physics.
Schools looking to increase the capacity in their physics departments by equipping staff to teach physics will receive a bursary of £700 on successful completion of the training.
Participants of this programme will:
- Improve their subject knowledge & confidence in the teaching content of the new National Curriculum for KS3.
- Improve their subject knowledge and confidence in the teaching and assessment requirements of the new GCSE specifications.
- Develop different strategies and improve pedagogy, including leading the learning of all abilities.
Impact in the classroom:
- Learners at Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four will have high quality learning experiences which will enthuse and inspire leading to better progress at KS3 and KS4.
|TSST Physics Day Two||Wednesday, 6th December 2017 (1.00pm - 5.00pm)|
|TSST Physics Day Three||Tuesday, 9th January 2018 (1.00pm - 5.00pm)|
|TSST Physics Day Four||Monday, 5th February 2018 (1.00pm - 5.00pm)|
|TSST Physics Day Five||Wednesday, 14th March 2018 (1.00pm - 5.00pm)|
|TSST Physics Day Six||Thursday, 19th April 2018 (9.00am - 4.30pm)|
Please note that when applying for a place, you signal your commitment to attending all of the dates detailed below. All sessions will be held at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace. Schools will receive the £700 payment once participants have completed all of the training sessions below.
Eligibility and conditions:
TSST is a Government funded programme designed to up-skill teachers and increase capacity. To be eligible for a funded place, teachers need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a non - physics specialist teaching the subject e.g. a biology or chemistry teacher teaching GCSE physics or another non-subject specialist for example a maths teacher teaching physics.
- Be a science teacher returning to the profession after an extended break
- Be a supply teacher who would like to be able to teach physics
- The programme is fully funded but does not cover travel costs
- Applications can only be made with full support of the Head Teacher
- There are a limited number of places available and these are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. We therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to secure your place.
Next steps & application:
There are a limited number of places available and these are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. We therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to secure your place. To apply, please e-mail HCACP@harristeachingschool.com for our TSST application form. Send the completed form back to the same address by Friday 20th October 2017.