- You are here
- Pupil Premium Grant (PPG)
Pupil Premium Grant (PPG)
Pupil Premium Information
The coalition government introduced the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) in September 2011 with the purpose of increasing attainment and aspiration for students from disadvantaged backgrounds, specifically;
- To increase social mobility
- To enable more students to go to the top universities
- To reduce the attainment gap
GCSE Results of Students Eligible for the Pupil Premium Payment 2011-12
100% of students eligible for the Pupil Premium Payment achieved 5 GCSEs A*-C including English and Maths. This is above the Academy average of 99.4%.
How the Pupil Premium Grant is used
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace receives a Pupil Premium Grant for each child who is entitled to receive Free School Meals or who has been entitled over the last six years, and for Looked After Children. Our Pupil Premium Grant for 2012-13 is around £60,000. It is our belief that the most effective way to achieve the aims of the Pupil Premium is for students to achieve the best possible GCSE grades.
The Academy has therefore decided that this grant should be spent as follows:
- To support learning in the classroom by
- Ensuring that class sizes are as small as possible, particularly in Maths and English
- Training staff to provide highly effective feedback to pupils on their work and how to make further progress
- To provide holiday revision classes for those student studying for external examinations and qualifications.
- To provide classes for parents in order to maximise their ability to support their child’s learning at home.
- To create a fund for children entitled to Free School Meals for educational trips and visits, extracurricular activities and other opportunities to boost learning.
- To continue to track the progress on students eligible for the Pupil Premium provide additional intervention where necessary to make sure they reach their potential.
We write to all parents whose children are entitled to free school meals or who have been entitled over the past six years in September outlining the above support available. We also assure parents that all matters regarding use of this fund are treated with discretion and in confidence.